Hello Junior and Senior Infants and Parents,
I hope this update finds you well and that these bright sunny days are lifting everyone’s spirits. As we would normally be doing a variety of really active learning tasks in June, I have included some hands on, fun learning experiences for the children and possibly the whole family! Some of these you may have seen online or even tried out. Please choose what will work best for your child /family and as always email me at email@example.com and let me know how you are.
- Continue class readers and skills books
- Read ebooks on Oxford Owl website
- Take some time to work on handwriting……in text book or through play,
- Look up David Walliams – One audio story every day – free
- Practice weekly Jolly Phonics songs while swinging on the swing.
- Recite poetry while hopping down the stairs/footpath.
- Spell words on the driveway with water guns.
- Use paint brushes dipped in water to write letters on the side of the house.
- Revise your Sight words –
- https://www.roomrecess.com/mobile/SightWordSmash/play.html https://www.spellingtraining.com/games/balloons.html?&wbj39l&wb&wb oj&lrzv&lry&lryqy&lryc&lryj&lrtl&lrys
- Try a CVC Game https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/odd-and-bob?phase=
- Write 3 sentences about what you have been doing recently and draw a picture.
- Revise your sight words – https://www.spellingtraining.com/games/spaceships.html?&otv&oyqy&ozlr& ozmm&oy&oyjl&oryj
- Play this CVC game https://www.spellingtraining.com/games/sharks.html?&dtq&dtl&del&nel&nzl &vzl&vyl&jyl&jel
- Solve math sums with chalk on the driveway.
- Practice counting while skipping.
- Use twinkl.ie home learning challenge cards
- Try this number game – How to make a number up to 10 https://ie.mathgames.com/skill/SI.3 9-how-to-make-a-number-with-single-digits-up-to-10
- How many more to make 10 – https://ie.mathgames.com/skill/SI.7-how-many-more-to-make-10
- Continue with Operation Maths textbook.
- Let’s talk about Forces – Push and Pull Pushing and Pulling are forces Look at the story of The Enormous Turnip – https://safeYouTube.net/w/bv0G . How did they manage to get out the turnip?
- .Play a Pushing game – Bowling Materials: plastic cups, empty cans or plastic bottles, ball Make your own bowling alley! Set up 10 plastic cups, empty cans, or empty plastic bottles as pins. Then create a starting line, and PUSH your ball to knock down the targets (You could have some sight words on the targets, if you like!)
- Go on a Push/Pull hunt Find 5 things you could push and 5 things you could pull in your house/garden/yard Write your list and send it to me